The foundation is asking dads to write a letter to a child or grandchild about the importance of literacy and learning. Write from the heart, the head or the funny bone and simply sign it … “Devotedly, Dad.”
Winners will receive an autographed copy of All the Best, My Life in Letters and Other Writings by President George H.W. Bush, plus a pair of his favorite and fun first family socks!
- Original letters (maximum word count 800) must be submitted by fathers or grandfathers.
- Submit letter online here or via mail to: Barbara Bush Foundation, 516 N. Adams St., Tallahassee, FL 32301.
- Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. EST on May 30, 2013.
- Two favorite letters will from each state will be selected.
- Winners will be notified by email on Father’s Day, June 16, 2013. Select letters will be featured on the Barbara Bush Foundation website.
- All entries, upon the sole discretion of the Barbara Bush Foundation, may be published in full or excerpt form, online or in print/broadcast form via the Barbara Bush Foundation, news organizations or other publications.